Here we offer a review of the Schwinn Magnetic Bike Trainer, which we rate as the Best Entry Level Magnetic Cycling Trainer. Here is our review.
The rollers on magnetic indoor cycle trainers power a magnetic flywheel to create resistance. The use of the magnets makes magnetic indoor bike trainers less noisy than fan trainers and the magnets allow the rider to have a greater amount of resistance. The best selection following my bicycle trainer review is the Schwinn Magnetic Bike Trainer.
Schwinn Magnetic Bike Trainer – Key Features
This is an excellent trailer which has a number of key product features, that make it a wise choice to assist you with you cycle training regime.
- The product folds down helping to make it easy to store in your home or garage
- There is a choice of five resistance levels giving you flexibility for your training, allowing you to increase your routines
- The frame has easy to operate levelling feet, essential for you to maintain the stability and comfort of your ride.
- It is well built and sturdy. Schwinn have not cut any corners on the manufacturing quality of this product. It has a heavy duty frame. This is important to provide you with support and stability during your ride.
- The assembled dimensions are: 14.75 by 19 by 18.5 inches – height x width x base. This again when folded measures 18 by 14 inches – base to top. The practical fold down design makes it easy to take with you if you are travelling.
Positive Product Features
The product comes with the assurance of a one year warranty, which is always good to see. The Schwinn Magnetic Bike Trainer is a key component to any rider’s off-season bike riding. This trainer helps you stay in shape even when the weather turns and the days get shorter and darker. With five different levels of resistance, you’ll be well trained and prepared for any kind of ride.
I like the heavy-duty frame style that makes it comfortable and allows you to easily make a secure fitting to your bike. The magnetic resistance provides a very smooth ride. You need this to mimic being out on the road or track. Realism within training is important in my view. I also liked the fact that it produced very little noise.
The roller that touches the bicycle’s rear tire is plastic not metal so it could wear out more quickly than others in the market. Some users would prefer a quick release to help get the bike off the stand.
The Schwinn magnetic bike trainer has five different resistance levels allowing you to vary your training routines. By increasing the resistance setting you can simulate hill workouts, getting strength into your legs. If you select a reduced resistance setting you can improve your endurance. You can also change the resistance during the workout for interval workouts where you alternate between work and rest.
Schwinn are a specialist manufacturer with a good reputation within the cycling community and a worthy recommendation on this bicycle trainer review.
Schwinn magnetic bike trainer review. 4.5 out of 5. We believe this is to be good magnetic bike trainer.
Where to buy? You can buy this bike trainer in many specialist outlets and large retailers. Amazon usually has the best deals.