In this article I will review the Nashbar reduced radius roller trainer.
This is a good value indoor cycle trainer under $150 dollars, where you ride on rollers. This is not for the faint hearted and takes some getting used to but once mastered really helps you keep fit during off season times.
Let’s take a look at the key features of the Nashbar reduced Radius Roller trainer.
- The drums of this trainer are made from machined quality aluminium, giving real durability and a quality feel.
- The drums are 85mm in diameter and for a quiet and smooth ride have sealed cartridge bearings. As you want to emulate road riding smoothness is a must!
- The frame is also made from non-rusting aluminium, with a size of 50 inches by 18 inches
- Nine settings are available to accommodate a wide range of wheel bases
- For stability this trainer has three sets of feet equipped with non-marring plastic fittings to protect your flooring
- For durability the connecting belt that takes all the punishment is made from polyurethane giving it a long life
- Once taken out of the box the Nashbar Radius Roller is easy to assemble.
- This bike trainer accommodates wheelbases of 35 inches to 42.5 inches
The Positives of this product
I have searched around the internet to get the views of purchasers from a number of retail sites. Overall the most used term to describe this stationery bike trainer is ‘durable’. Folk like the solid construction. They also liked the price, stability and versatility of the product. Adjustment to the resistance needed to up your training difficulty does not seem to be difficult with the Radius Roller.
The negatives of this product
The only comments that seem to be against this product is that some found it a little heavy, making transport and storage more difficult than expected.
Using rollers takes some getting used to, see how NOT TO DO IT in our indoor bike trainer selected Video section.
Our verdict on the Nashbar Reduced Roller trainer
We recommend the Nashbar Roller trainer. It is well built sturdy indoor trainer that offers real value for money. Roller trainers aren’t for everyone but if you’ve tried one and want to buy one you could well to put this on your list. I found this insightful quote from a purchaser.
Here are a few typical reviews made by purchasers who have shared their opinions of the web.
‘Great rollers. Easy set up. No issues’.
‘Best purchase ever. Great quality item for unbeatable price. Very simple and sturdy, no fluff’.
‘It’s a great workout, but you got to get used to it’.
Where to get the best deals?
To find out the latest offers on the Nashbar roller Trainer we recommend you go to Amazon where you usually find the best price and get a chance to read the thoughts of customers who have purchased.
They are currently being sold for $129.99, a discount of 24% off list price. They are shipped directly from Nashbar.
Follow this LINK TO FIND OUT MORE AND BUY AT AMAZON