To help you to select the best indoor bike trainer that meets your training needs, you wallet and fits in with your home here is a list of considerations.
- How much do you want to spend? – prices range from $50 to $1600. An entry point product is under $100.
- What do you want from your bicycle trainer? – do you want it last years or a season
- How will you use it? – Will you use it to support a strenuous training regime of for or casual exercise?
- What type of Bicycle Indoor Training Stand suits you? As the articles here show there are a range Magnetic, Fluid, Rim Drive, Wind, Rollers. You can even add exercise bikes and Virtual Reality exercisers to the list.
- Which features are essential for you and which desirable? This helps you to decide how much you want to spend.
- How often will you use it? – Don’t spend high is your usage is low!
- Which type of bike will you use with it? – Road or Mountain, this can restrict your list
- Does it have a sturdy construction? The greater the strength the longer it would be expected to last
- Have you tried various models to find which one suits you best? Review and borrow if you can.
- Do you need a portable product? – Consider your storage requirements of your living space. Do you have room for a stationary bicycle stand?
- How noisy is it? Wind trainers can create the decibels of noise
- What is the resistance offered? – Do you want variable and how easy is this to adjust? Do you have to stop riding to adjust?
- Apart from the bike trainer do you need to buy any accessories? Are there any key items you need to buy to make the trainer work effectively?
Here’s a good video that describes the different types of indoor Cycle Trainer.
I hope this provides you with a check-list to help you with your selections. I’ve tried to cover most of the things you need to Consider When Buying a Bike Stand Trainer.
Please let me know if you can think of any other.
Please read the product reviews listed on the page. We hope to offer you recommendations and accurate bicycle trainer reviews.
Other articles you might find useful